Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data into lp:widelands

the _compatibility is needed for forward compatibility - i.e. b18 will be able to read maps that are made with 'later' versions too if we are careful. This is a good thing to have for maps I think.

And having this in maps now is useful in the future - so while a use case would be nice, I do not see it happening till tomorrow evening. But having b18 maps contain a version string might be useful for this feature in the future.

So I am still +1 for merging as is right now and go from there.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data/+merge/184940
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_revision_data.