Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/feature-loudylobby into lp:widelands

> Should there not be a checkbox

Is the IRC bridge now frozen or is it still evolving?

If I was the project dictator, I would either disable IRC-lobby by default: Only messages addressed to IRC bridge would be shown. If I want to be alerted when there are interesting IRC discussions, then consulting the IRC client would be the way to proceed. The current combination just does not work right.

I am not sure whether the checkbox would improve things or cause more confision. If people at IRC assume that people at lobby see what they write, that could cause confusion when some don't. Also if there are >1 people at the lobby, and one of them responds to IRC messages, the other at lobby with filtering might misinterpret those words.

In short, think that this one-liner is better, and that it depends on how the IRC bridge evolves. I would just do this now and return to the issue later.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/feature-loudylobby/+merge/213784
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/feature-loudylobby into lp:widelands.