Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_information into lp:widelands

Review: Resubmit

> Could you give some more details on how you see this being handled on the website-side, and what will be needed there?

The code is needed on upload of a map to wl.widelands.org/maps. It has to verify that a map is valid, if it is post one_world (i.e. only working with >= dev and b19) or pre (all versions) of Widelands and extract the minimap image and a bunch of map informations that must get to the database.

There are two ways to go about this:

1) either modify the map_info tool to be a python module using boost python (that will add a dependency to boost python to Widelands) or
2) run the stand alone tool on uploads. It can dump its information to some directory from were the website can read it.

I think 1 is the way to go - but I am unsure if boost.python is a reasonable dependency, especially since we do not use it for anything but the homepage (so most people will not even benefit from it).

> Does this handle old (separate world) maps too? (Will likely be fewer of those added once build19 is out, but you never know)

Yes. It is using Widelands map loading code which can deal with that.

> [eris main removed].
I removed the file that was the stand alone lua() binary. It defined a main() function which could hide our own main() eris was linked in.

I added a comment to third_party/README about that.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/map_information/+merge/226572
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_information.