Re: [Merge] lp:~willyscheibel/widelands/use-glbinding into lp:widelands

Willy, welcome to Widelands and thanks for your contribution!

Could you elaborate a bit what motivated this change? I am a big fan of glbinding myself, I did not move away from GLEW so far because there was no absolute need and it is well supported on all platforms (including mobile, i.e. android and ios which we are actively moving towards).

glbinding does not seem to be packaged for most linux distributions (yet) and I have no idea about window or mobile support.

I am absolutely against an optional alternative binding - this will just open doors to bug that can be avoided by living in a monoculture. Either 100% glbinding or not at all.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~willyscheibel/widelands/use-glbinding/+merge/243642
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~willyscheibel/widelands/use-glbinding into lp:widelands.