Re: [Merge] lp:~franku/widelands-website/handle_big_images into lp:widelands-website

> It seems to be this change then. No more errors all day today.
Sorry, i do not understand. But maybe i also do not explain as much. Just to be clear:

As you revert the changes, all is fine. No more errors, all articles could be edited. But on the alpha sites, the error is allways there but i couldn't examine over there because i coudn't upload any images.

About the double slashes:
This is a failure by design imho and has to be corrected by us. The relevant code is in settings.py

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/trunk/view/head:/settings.py#L47

and in any file which uses the constant ("MEDIA_URL"). f.e. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/trunk/view/head:/wlimages/models.py#L41

Because the constant has a trailing slash and the code adds an additional slash, we have double slashes. f.e. in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/trunk/view/head:/wlimages/models.py#L41 :

url = "%s/wlimages/%s" % (MEDIA_URL,image.name)

The first "%s" is replaced with "/wlmedia/" and the result is "/wlmedia//wlimages/%s"

So we could change the constant for MEDIA_URL in settings.py and delete the trailing slash, or change every piece of code which uses this constant. That is the thing i am unsure about.

For testing if it is really the cause of this failure, could you change the constant "MEDIA_URL" and delete the trailing slash in settings.py only for alpha.widelands.org?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~franku/widelands-website/handle_big_images/+merge/247235
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:widelands-website.