Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1397500 into lp:widelands

Yes, we could do that. For GUI images, we would then still need to prefix "data" to the image files, which sort of means that we are redefining the same information all the time all over the code base. This is why I came up with the image catalog for GUI images, but we could also use other means to the same end - here are 2 ideas:

1. If the file doesn't exist, the image loader will prefix "image" and check again if the file exists.

2. We use a "tribes:" prefix for the images from Lua, just like we already do with the "map:" prefix for other files. If the image doesn't have a prefix, Widelands will assume that it is in the "images" directory.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1397500/+merge/243860
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1397500 into lp:widelands.