Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file into lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/debian

>ping. hjd, what is the state of this branch?

Hello hello. Not much has happened since the previous commit/comment.

Like I talked about in https://code.launchpad.net/~hjd/widelands/tests-poc/+merge/250533, the main intent with this branch was to get the packaging in a better shape to make it easier to create the official Debian packages once we release build19 (rc). It is my understanding that the Debian policies require packages to give full copyright statement on their content, so since it will need to be done anyways we might as well get it done early.

This work is not critical for Widelands itself since we don't really have such obligations (unless specific licenses state otherwise) but is in general nice to give credit to other people's work which we include. I'd say we are doing a good job of this though, at least with the fonts/licenses there.

As I mentioned, I believe this work will need to be done for the offical Debian packages, which is why I wanted to start it straight away, while the new fonts were still fresh. This is also why I added the Debian maintainer as a reviewer here, hoping to get some feedback and possibly guidance.

I am a bit stuck on the questions in the todo, and I don't really know how to proceed with this. I'll leave this open for a while longer, but if I don't hear anything, I'll likely close it as a draft/experiment. While I would like to see this done properly, I don't know whether the current state of the branch does more good than harm, and I don't think it is that critical for the Widelands project to have this file 100% completed.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file/+merge/245297
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file into lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/debian.