Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file into lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/debian

I'm so deep under water wrt  my daytime job that I am completely unable to help (or even properly read your emails) before the summer.

Sorry and good luck
Mt

----- Mail original -----
> >ping. hjd, what is the state of this branch?
>
> Hello hello. Not much has happened since the previous commit/comment.
>
> Like I talked about in
> https://code.launchpad.net/~hjd/widelands/tests-poc/+merge/250533, the main
> intent with this branch was to get the packaging in a better shape to make
> it easier to create the official Debian packages once we release build19
> (rc). It is my understanding that the Debian policies require packages to
> give full copyright statement on their content, so since it will need to be
> done anyways we might as well get it done early.
>
> This work is not critical for Widelands itself since we don't really have
> such obligations (unless specific licenses state otherwise) but is in
> general nice to give credit to other people's work which we include. I'd say
> we are doing a good job of this though, at least with the fonts/licenses
> there.
>
> As I mentioned, I believe this work will need to be done for the offical
> Debian packages, which is why I wanted to start it straight away, while the
> new fonts were still fresh. This is also why I added the Debian maintainer
> as a reviewer here, hoping to get some feedback and possibly guidance.
>
> I am a bit stuck on the questions in the todo, and I don't really know how to
> proceed with this. I'll leave this open for a while longer, but if I don't
> hear anything, I'll likely close it as a draft/experiment. While I would
> like to see this done properly, I don't know whether the current state of
> the branch does more good than harm, and I don't think it is that critical
> for the Widelands project to have this file 100% completed.
> --
> https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file/+merge/245297
> You are requested to review the proposed merge of
> lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file into
> lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/debian.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file/+merge/245297
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/copyright-file into lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/debian.