Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_compatibility into lp:widelands

Hi GunChleoc,

okay, I see the problem - in this case it's the files below "player" in the map directory. Which aren't loaded when starting a game anyways - that's why the error is triggered in the editor, but not when starting a new game.

Speaking of "Together we're strong" - for some reason I committed the map with the player directory. However I am not sure whether that was on purpose or not. Anyways, as the player directory is not loaded during starting a game, it can clearly be deleted - this will indeed fix the problem in the editor as well.

Anyway this would not fix player created maps from Build18 or before, as these contain the player directory as well. However to those applies the same as to "Together we're strong" - the player directory is not loaded during starting a game.

Long text short sense: I would prefere to handle it the same in the editor - simply do not load the files. And if loading the files is needed for some reason with newer maps - don't load if the map is too old.

What do you think?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/map_compatibility/+merge/276088
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/map_compatibility into lp:widelands.