Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/full_texture_atlas into lp:widelands

> There have been many comments on this branch now. Can I merge it? The next
> branch will move the functionality of the binary into Widelands itself, so the
> code will live no, but the binary will go away soon.

Nothing against your proposal, but we have seen that with every merge the last few weeks new bugs come up. There are great enhancements to widelands and until now, and i really want to have a feature freeze at current state. It is a lot of stuff to solve the already known bugs and i fear with every new feature the amount of bugs gets greater and a release gets far away.

But as said, i know you're a great programmer and your work would enhance widelands a lot. On the other side i have never heard that widelands is really slow (except long play games). So i think your proposal fixes problems that are not really there.

The changes which comes up with the render queue needs some fixing to images i think, Some of them looks now very sharp which is on side nice, on the other side some needs a bit tweeking, because they are too sharp. F.e. desert water has some sparkle in it, which now looks not very good imho. Changing those images and always make a new atlas sounds not good to me.

I think we should test the full texture atlas at a whole, f.e. with a "first run screen" and address it to build 20.

But in the end it's your decision to merge. You are the maintainer of widelands and i believe you know what you are doing :-)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/full_texture_atlas/+merge/281909
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/full_texture_atlas into lp:widelands.