Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/use_image_cache into lp:widelands

VRAM is Video RAM, which in the case of integrated graphics is a part of the physical RAM which is reserved for the GPU. Run `free` to get an idea of how large it is approximately: the total memory shown will be less than the physical amount of RAM, reflecting how much is available to the CPU.

In addition, there's the GTT or GART, which is a virtual memory aperture through which the GPU can access system RAM. If not all data fits into VRAM, the GPU can still render from the GTT, but it tends to be slower. The 2048M shown in the dmesg log are probably VRAM + GTT.

It's possible that since Widelands doesn't use that much bandwidth, rendering from GTT (typically 1-2GB) would be fine.

Please do provide an option to disable the texture atlas, and I'll see what can be done about our driver.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/use_image_cache/+merge/282106
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/full_texture_atlas.