Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/test-ngettext into lp:widelands

The actual rule for Scottish Gaelic is to discard everything after the ., because we say "x seconds point y" for x.y seconds.

Not having things correct for Slovak doesn't please me though.

Maybe we could write a wrapper that will map floating point numbers to the appropriate integer numbers for the languages in our list, and then use those integers to call ngettext?

The alternative would be not to use any placeholders in these strings - that would increase the translation effort though. For example, we have 6 different types of Iron Mine, which currently can use the same string for their productivity texts. So, without the placeholders we get 6x the translation effort, plus if the calculation should change in the future, the strings would need to be retranslated.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/test-ngettext/+merge/291587
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/test-ngettext.