Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/test-ngettext into lp:widelands

> Maybe we could write a wrapper that will map floating point numbers to the
> appropriate integer numbers for the languages in our list, and then use those
> integers to call ngettext?

That wouldn't work for Slovak, because floats need their own, different form. There is nothing to map to.

> The alternative would be not to use any placeholders in these strings - that
> would increase the translation effort though. For example, we have 6 different
> types of Iron Mine, which currently can use the same string for their
> productivity texts. So, without the placeholders we get 6x the translation
> effort, plus if the calculation should change in the future, the strings would
> need to be retranslated.

That doesn't sound like it's worth it, IMO, especially when we can simply use the symbol of the second. I'm not completely opposed to it, though -- it does get the job done.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/test-ngettext/+merge/291587
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/test-ngettext.