Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/revise-map-descr into lp:widelands

Hm, i don't know really. The two colored texts are better in my opinion. I have made some screenshots for a comparison and changed the code to use the bright gray color for "txt as_content": http://home.arcor.de/frank.ue/menu_shots.jpg

Above left: Current trunk
Above right: This branch with italic
Middle left: Bright gray for "as_content"
Middle right: For comparison of bright gray with wooden background
Bottom: Load save game menu

I believe the main problematic thing is to visual distinguish between headers and the text. Currently this is made by having a colon after each header and indentation of content texts, which i like very much. Regarding the colon: "Suggested Teams" has it, and putting it after the other headers would help to distinguish, IMHO.

One other thing is disturbing: The second line. This shows either "Map", "Scenario" or "Directory" after the Name of the map/directory. The second line is not "self explaining". If one chooses different maps from the list there is always "Map" shown. So he/she may ask him/her self what does this "Map" mean? In current trunk this is better solved by having the strings "Map:", "Scenario:" and "Directory:" (with colon) as first line and the second line contains then the name of the map or the name of directory. This explains the second line instead in this branch there is no explaining.

I think the main problem for doing this branch is the suggested teams area, which needs a lot of space. Maybe we find another solution for this issue later on. F.e i could imagine to place suggested teams in the Launch Game menu... Just because it is then shown when the teams could be made. Currently the suggested teams could not be seen anymore where one has to make them. Future talk...
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/revise-map-descr/+merge/292031
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/revise-map-descr into lp:widelands.