Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/sdl2_logging into lp:widelands

Your changes lgtm. Thanks!

> It does work, but stdout.txt gets created in the same directory as the widelands binary (at least on windows).

stdout.txt is only created on windows - other OSes have to use redirects to get to the debug data.

> I think ~/.widelands/stdout.txt would be better, because we should not pollute the installation directory and due to security settings (Windows UAC) we perhaps are not even allowed to write in this directory.

I tried to replicate what b18 did. Is that not the behavior it had?

I agree with you that this is maybe not ideal, but since we are in first snow freeze, I tried to go for the minimal invasive fix. Also because this behavior is documented in some places for widelands.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/sdl2_logging/+merge/302866
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/sdl2_logging into lp:widelands.