Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1636966-one-soldier-crash into lp:widelands/build19

I feel uneasy getting this into b19.

We do not know what the root cause of the bug is - why the other soldier can be zero. We know it happens - which breaks our codes assumptions already. This branch deals with this unexpected situation, potentially carrying it further and masking more bugs down the line. My argument is that crashing early is way better than hiding further bugs.

A quick qblame showed me that this code was introduced in r5877 in 2011 to fix bug 612348 - to which we also did not have a good understanding it seems. It seems this bug has been around sufficiently long to not warrant this fix for b19.

Agreed?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1636966-one-soldier-crash/+merge/309445
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1636966-one-soldier-crash into lp:widelands/build19.