Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands-website/bug-1399461_error_on_renaming_article into lp:widelands-website

> Should creating of articles prevented if a redirect exists?

Yes, I think this is acceptable. We create maybe 10 articles per year, it will be a while till we run out of names, even including redirects.

> If we want redirects to stay forever, this isn't needed, isn't it?

While that is true, it might still be nice to fix all references we have internally to have consistency.

> There is no real 'redirect-object' and i have trouble to abstract the redirects.

One solution would be to have a separate table that holds only the existing redirects. That table is queried first whenever a article is requested and if a match is found, the redirect is evaluated.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/bug-1399461_error_on_renaming_article/+merge/314033
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands-website/bug-1399461_error_on_renaming_article into lp:widelands-website.