Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/travis-container into lp:widelands

>Do we lose anything by not sleeping & retrying? We sometimes get transient failures due to repositories not being accessible.

This is definitely a concern and I wish I had a good answer here, but I don't know. :/

I must admit I haven't seen these errors, so I'm not sure how or how often they occur. However, I realize that since it is reaching out to the Internet, network issues may cause it to fail. The workarounds have been in place for quite some time, but if there's some examples of logs or error messages where it has failed in the past I would be happy to take a look at it.

>From what I see from the original code, it is only the repo addition and updating which is repeated until it works. The actual package installation doesn't have similar precautions, though I suppose if things fail too bad, it's happened earlier.

It is hard to say for certain, but I have a hope that by using travis' mechanism for adding repos, they do that in a solid way which is guaranteed to work. And if it doesn't, that is arguably a bug which affects all projects using it, not just us. Worst case we could roll back to adding the additional compiler repos manually.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/travis-container/+merge/327492
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/travis-container into lp:widelands.