Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands-website/searching_with_haystack_whoosh into lp:widelands-website

> In quick search, if I type a search word and then click on the dropdown to
> select where to search, the search word will disappear.

OK, has to be fixed :-)

> It would also be nice if the quick search remembered the previous selection
> throughout 1 browser session.

This wouldn't be possible for not logged in users. For logged in users this would need much effort to store the last search selection, e.g. add an additional column to the table wlprofile in the database. I don't think that the benefit will be worth the effort.

> I often search for "Building" to access the BuildingWidelands page - this page
> is now almost all the way on the bottom. On a positive note, I get a lot more
> search results. Maybe list the pages first that have the search result in the
> title?

That is problem of the new search and what is meant with 'no possibility to give weights on particular fields'. If you search for 'building' the Title of an wiki article has the same 'weight' then the content of the article. The order of search results is arbitrary. We may could add an alphabetical order depending on the title of an article. But if you search for "building widelands" (including parentheses) the search result will be more accurate :-)

> IE: The dropdown button style is cut off a bit on the right-hand side.

I think trimard finds a solution for this :-)

> Drop-down calendar is working nicely.

Also the 'Help' jalousie?

> It would be good to have a "Search all" button in the advanced search.

Thats doable.

> A map search for "River" turned up http://alpha.widelands.org/maps/uk_11/(hit
> in a user comment) but not http://alpha.widelands.org/maps/schragland/ (map
> description)

'River' appears in the 'uploader comment' which is intended. We could include also the map description into the search results without much effort :-)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/searching_with_haystack_whoosh/+merge/331605
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:widelands-website.