Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/Mission4 into lp:widelands

Just did it by myself. ;-) If you want to try it I would be pleased to hear about the results.

regarding your experience:
1. If you check the objectives the first objective will only be solved after dismantling the wells. So yes it is necessary to dismantle them.
2. yes as everything else the geologist is a shortened ressource. Manging this shortage is the goal of the scenario.
3. This is only a virtual shortage. Yes I cleaned most of the starting region from water (and fish as well) so you need to go to the area wher you have expanded to to find water. Anyhow normal wells produce at a 65% rate without any ressources at all. And the wells only have a radius of 1 or 2 that means their real amount of water to be mined is very limited. I would opt to change this but this would mean a real big impact on all exoting maps. therefore I even didn't start a forum thread about this.
4. That would make things to easy in fact. In reality I even shortened the axes to three instead of 6 in the beginning so to built more foresters you nhave to produce metal and if you produce shovels you can't produce axes or picks or whatever. However that micromanagement is all the scenario is about. so in short the pain of the player is desired by the evil scenario designer ;-) But I am not that evil than f.e. king of Nowhere in his special maps.
If you miss ressources in the beginningyou could dismantle more buildings e.g military buildings or the mines to get more of them but builders are also limited.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/Mission4/+merge/334279
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/Mission4.