Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations into lp:widelands

The checks here not only "minimize" a map. They also increase it. The map Astoria 2.R goes from 37602 to 42610 fields. 12% more fields that were covered by trees and stones before and weren't counted. Calculation time here is not really noticeable.

The Map the Nile already can be played in territorial. With the current implementation it has 56801 fields in total, and 55325 fields with this revision. This map is quite well designed. But calculations also take some time, because it has allot of mines and flag-only fields.

Regarding your idea for territorial checks in the Editor. I think we don't need that flag. Instead, the Editor should calculate the amount of fields for territorial and store this table in the map file. When starting a new game we then just need to load the table instead of calculation the fields.

(But this is beyond my current abilities, sadly)

If someone has a neat idea on how to speed this code here up... I guess math would help :-)

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations/+merge/361366
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations into lp:widelands.