Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations into lp:widelands

>one question:
>are you sure that an immovable on the map will hide a caps. in my
>understanding of the documentation f.immovable is independent of has_caps.

Yes they are, try it yourself in the editor. Some do some don't.

Here are the ones that do:
- Wasteland Trees
- Palm Trees
- Deciduous Trees
- Coniferous Trees
- Rocks
- Standing Stones
- Artifacts
- The 4 Ruins building from Miscellaneous

Here are the ones that don't hide caps:
- Dead Trees
- Plants
- Miscellaneous

>(in my perspective just walkable fields are not valuable, only if there
>can be build a flag/road)

Every walkable field is buildable since it can hold a flag. That's why
"The 3 Oasis" and "Glaciers Lake" are so big when you only check for
f.buildable. Hence, we need to check whether the field is accessible within
a certain radius.

Also fields around immovables, or when the map has certain topographically
properties are walkable, but can only hold only a flag. When you remove the
immovable (chopping tree or rock) the field becomes buildable.

Of course, we cannot only check for walkable, we need to check for other
properties as well. But it helps to distinguish between swimmable and un-
walkable fields. Which are not considered valuable.

>some problems of the algorithm to be suitable for every map:
>1. taking seafaring into account currently all small islands will be
>counted as long as there are two building spots, although they won't be
>accessible due to no port.
>2. same is for hidden valleys in the mountains or similar.

These are the problems we face with "Glacier Lakes". It has hidden valleys
and one Island. But the current at least improves the situation, although
there are still false positives.

I just played around with the editor to get a better understanding.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations/+merge/361366
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations into lp:widelands.