Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cleanup-statistics-plotter into lp:widelands

> I could agree with the changes except the min value of the y axis
> (warestatistics) plotted below the x-Axis. There it overwrites the
> "0" of the x-axis which looks weird. (see newstats_1).

I did this on purpose. The 0 doesn't get overwritten, it gets replaces
by the min_value. But let me explain why I came to this design.

The Economy Health Graph is very unintuitive and hard to read. I
noticed this many times when playing with friends, where they didn't
really understand the graph.

The reasons are manifold. First of all the min and max value are inside
the quadrant and therefore are hard to read, because many times they
are overwritten by the plot lines. Secondly the min value is in red and
next to the red zero of the x-axes. Especially for small values the min
value could be mistaken for an erroneously drawn x-axes value.

Since I moved the max value atop the y-axes, the min value was still
in the lower right corner of the quadrant and now it looked even weirder.
Also we would still have the problem that the graph could overwrite the
min value and make it unreadable.

So I decided to remove the 0 from the x-axes and draw the min value
instead. It looked better IMHO but it was still red and easily to be
confused with the time units from the x-axes. Therefore, I decided to give
it the same colour as the max value. This should visually indicate that
both values belong to each other. It also makes it look more symmetrical.

I can provide some pictures with the min value in it original position,
but it really looks out of place there.

> I would vote against having it for b20 as it is no bugfix[...]

That's fine with me.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/cleanup-statistics-plotter/+merge/365138
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cleanup-statistics-plotter into lp:widelands.