Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/ferry into lp:widelands

I am thinking a lot about this feature, but for AI it is relay difficult.

On most maps it will not be applicable and AI should be very cautious to use it at all.
It has complex logic for implementation.

So the conclusion is that it is not worth the effort to implement in AI.

What could be considered to make it more AI-friendly:

- to allow transfer of workers on ferries
- not to produce more ferries than needed
- allow transport of ferries over roads, or at least extend work radius of ferryyard significantly
- introduce WATERROAD_CAPS, and allow a waterroad between two such fields, or WALK_MOVECAPS and WATERROAD_CAPS. These WATERROAD_CAPS can be calculated and/or set by map creator (to restrict fields where waterroad can be built)
- not to route the wares over unattended waterroads (to avoid transportation blockages)

But I know that all of that violates your intentions for this branch, but an improvement in one of few of them would make AI implementation easier.

I will still keep thinking about this, because idea is interesting...
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/ferry/+merge/351880
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/ferry.