wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [info] Development Positions

On 28 August 2011 12:40, Jacky Alcine <jackyalcine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since the majority of this team spans across the globe and I've been
> temporarily decommissioned; I see it unfair to the project to have to wait
> for each time I find a laptop or PC that has access to the Internet to push
> code every two weeks. Thus, the following roles are proposals that could be
> turned down, but I'm encouraging so that we can keep this project thriving,
> regardless if one person is missing. Note that people can take on as many
> tasks WITHOUT burning out, so a rating number is added to the end of each
> manager. If you can pick up to 3 roles without that number going over 15
> (it can equal 15 :D), then you got it. Just reply back to the thread in
> response to this with what you want and when you're willing to start.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> A. Patch Manager(s): We don't have any yet, but this person would be the
> person that catches patches that no one is available to test and evaluate a
> decent report. This also applies to merge requests, although those should
> be picked up and checked out by everyone. (0 now, but might be a 3.2 later
> on).
>
> B. Translation Manager(s): These individuals may work closely with the
> documentation managers, to ensure that we produce multi-lingual content for
> developers and users alike. Some of this content may be chopped (like the
> blog has Google Translate built-in), but when it comes to translation
> requests on Launchpad, these individuals are more or responsible for
> translations. (2.5)
>
> C. Documentation Manager(s): Documentation managers check over any piece of
> documentation we may have from the Wiki to the Doxygen-generated content in
> the code. We need these people to check for ambiguous text or incomplete
> sections, and if possible, fill that in. If they can't, then calling on the
> individuals who created the text would be necessary. (2.8)

I think that documentation manager is underrated; look on Issue Manager, it
has value 3.9 which should be lower than value for doc. manager: especially
now Issue Manager has not much to do and even later they only have to really
manage while documentation manager has to document & review the code +
manage people to do so; we all know that documentation is important and I
hope we will shine on this field. And no matter how many of us are working,
documentation is to be done. I would swap values for these two positions
(well, Issue Manager can be valued as 3.2, I think).