wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

Re: jacky.alcine@xxxxxxxxxx has shared: Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting

Anti-competitive legal letters would be flying at them faster then an F-22
attached to the space shuttle. Their own insecurities are not anyone elses
fault. Also, retooling all the factories to insert this BIOS replacement
would take nigh-on forever. BIOS's have been around since the beginning of
the IBM-compatible PC era.

Boot malware is only troublesome to machines (be they Windows or Linux) ONLY
if the attacker is physically there, I'm sure.

Not to mention; certificates? How on earth is the OS going to flash the ROM
to update certification?

-Dante

On 21 September 2011 13:56, jacky.alcine@xxxxxxxxxx <jacky.alcine@xxxxxxxxxx