wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Wintermute: Help Wanted

Thanks for your interest in the Wintermute project.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Eban Bisong <ebisong18@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Wintermute Team,
> I was reading through the help wanted page and I noticed that you were
> looking for C++ developers to help with a variety of tasks. I would love to
> contribute to this project,

That we are :)

> however I should mention that this is would be my first open source
> project and I would probably need some guidance in the basics of working
> with an online team.

No problem; that's a benefit of F/OSS, we'd guide you through the process.
We have loads of documentation of our Wiki.

> I am currently in high school and have taken all of the programming
> classes at my school including AP Computer Science, so I am very familiar
> with the fundamentals of programming.

At times, that, imagination, rationale and a bit of social skills are all
one neds.

> I have worked with C++ very little but am able to plan out the logic of
> the code and to refer to the syntax for the language.

Hmm, this project uses a lot of OOP (object orientated programming) design.