wintermute-devel team mailing list archive

[info] ABI Issues and the D-Pointer

Hello team. I've noticed from my studies of object orientated design and
bits of pieces of keeping ABI structure solid, we'd need to implement
a mechanism of keeping the code stable without causing issues with
dependent binaries. This could be solved by using the *d pointer *and the *q
pointer* techniques as described on
http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Dpointer. Feel free to keep this thread
for questions on the topic and possible code that'd be uploaded that
supports this. It'll soon be a requirement to follow this spec (it'd be
copied to the Institute's Wiki) in future code.

--
One Vision. One Purpose.
We are the Synthetic Intellect Institute

Jacky Alcine, *Head Developer of Wintermute*
http://jackyalcine.co.cc :: jacky.alcine@xxxxxxxxxx ::
https://launchpad.net/~jackyalcine