wintermute-psych team mailing list archive

Fwd: UDS Diversity Outreach Meeting - Accessibility/Disability Edition

Hiyas teams,

after all the upheaval, I hope this setles things down. We have a massive
responsibilty to not be one of the 500+ projects that withered and died.
There are enough talented and commited people between the teams of SII for
us to succeed. Grab anyone from anywhere who will commit to the gpl v3
licence. Get your ninja kidnapping skills honed - Failure is NOT an option.

I've been promised that the server area will all be restored by Monday
evening (Canadian Time), then I can get the SII forum set up and CB can do
the divert to it. My laptop dying was a bit of blow, but hey... these things
happen. As there are several website deveolpers, it wil not take too long to
get the SII site up with both the wintermute and speech control areas set
up. You may giggle at the phrase, but "we are Borg, we will adapt" - it is
yet another repeat of repeating the the wonderful word from the Apollo 13
mission controller - "failure is not an option". And to this day, I still am
outstanded that they managed it. If they managed that, we can do this!

I'll take any 'flak' as head admin,but you devs and the inspirational Team
Leaders are the the people that that WILL make SII work and bring to many
people such a gift. It is an honour to be part of your teams. Your
joint head of development whom I consider a friend, Jacky is such a
wonderful guy. People like Omega,and my kidnapped tame MOTU (in all but
title) jmarsden working with the boys on the inferno plugin and for your
teams also scare the living daylights out of me in knowledge! I cannot name
all of you, as I know I will miss someone out.

I am here to serve, and my admin and programming padawans are just so
excited by the SII project and the work the teams are doing, They are
delighted to also be a part of history being written, which is what you
people are doing.

Regards,

Phillw