wizardpen-testers team mailing list archive

current status? roadmap? how can i help?

Hi,

I just got a Monoprice-branded WP8060U tablet, and got it
basically working on a debian-testing system using the
precompiled 0.7.3-1 deb from doctormo's ppa(**).  I'd like
to help get it to the fully hotplugging it-just-works
state.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a sense of the current
state, however.  There's a bunch of information scattered
in different places, some of it contradictory(*).  What
is the current state?

 o What's the state of the tablet<->X guts (the actual
   'driver' that knows how to talk to the tablet)?
   Solid?  Known bugs?  Missing features?

 o What's the state of the glue code?  E.g. hotplugging?
   I saw a mention of moving the driver from xorg's userspace
   into a kernelspace input driver?  (True?)

 o What is the state of the head/trunk of the bzr source tree?

-m

(*) Let's see... here some bookmarks I've collected:
     1. TabletSetupWizardpen ubuntu wiki page
     2. wizardpen project on launchpad
     3. GraphicsTablet ubuntu wiki page
     4. wizardpen-devs group on launchpad
     5. doctormo's PPA
     6. WizardpenTesting ubuntu wiki page
     7. wizardpen-testers group on launchpad

1. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen
2. https://launchpad.net/wizardpen
3. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GraphicsTablet
4. https://launchpad.net/~wizardpen-devs
5. http://ppa.launchpad.net/doctormo/xorg-wizardpen/
6. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WizardpenTesting
7. https://launchpad.net/~wizardpen-testers

(**) I had to copy the contents of /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/
     to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d (which I had to create).

     I think the proper location (on debian at least) is
     /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ --- which already exists (and
     is populated with 10-evdev.conf, etc.).

Follow ups