x301 team mailing list archive

Re: typical power drain and fan activity

For my X301 Type 2776 running Ubuntu 8.10, typically 11-12W and ranging 10-16W.

I haven't done anything to improve consumption, so this is with Wifi, Bluetooth, USB, etc. all enabled. I would like to tweak it down to 8-9W which I think is achievable without inconvenience. One hassle I have is that I run VMWare Server and that is responsive for 75% of all CPU wake-ups according to PowerTop.

I saw someone report that they ran their X301 at 4-5W, but it didn't sound very practical to use it at those levels.

I think Vista currently has the best consumption out-of-the-box. But I'd carry a battery the size of a ball and chain rather than go there :-)

Aaron.

Ferdinand Haselbacher wrote:
Hello list,

i have a x301 for quite some time, and i just wanted to ask round the
list how much power drain your x301 has.

mine is about 9W

X301 - 2774-LEG

so far,
Ferdinand