x301 team mailing list archive

Re: x301 linux vga resolution

Still getting nowhere with this.  Run out of ideas.

jon@jon-laptop:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

jon@jon-laptop:~$  sudo lshw -C video
  *-display:0 UNCLAIMED
       product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 07
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
  *-display:1 UNCLAIMED
       product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2.1
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.1
       version: 07
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0

xorg.conf

Section "Device"
        Driver "intel"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
        SubSection "Display"
                Virtual    3080 1900
        EndSubSection
EndSection

xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1440 x 900, maximum 3080 x 1900
VGA connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
   1360x768       59.8
   1152x864       60.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3
   640x480        59.9
LVDS connected 1440x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 287mm
x 180mm
   1440x900       60.0*+   59.9     50.0
   1360x768       59.8
   1152x864       60.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        59.9
HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Have tried xrandr newmode addmode etc and ended up with a screen that was
half black, half white which only the cursor could get on to.  Not so
useful.

This is 64 bit, thats the only other thing that might be messing me up.