x301 team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu 9.04

2777 CTO with 9.04 64-bit:

The wireless (Intel 5350) causes a hard-freeze often enough to be annoying. Usually the caps-lock key blinks continuously once the freeze happens. It doesn't seem limited to any specific kind of connection, but it becomes more frequent under heavy use. Disabling wireless via switch on back and using the wired ethernet avoids the trouble, suggesting a driver issue (rather than application software).

I commented on a bug that someone started, but there doesn't seem to be enough focus (on wireless) in either of the following reports:

Anyone else experiencing freezes during wireless network activity?

Rafael Justo wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is my first message here in this list. I installed Ubuntu 9.04 64 bits in my "Thinkpad X301 - 2666 L9U" and everything worked "out of the box". I just had some problems with the fingerprint reader, the fprint don't support this hardware for now. Let's go to the checklist:

1. Suspend computer.... OK
2. RAM memory... OK
3. Graphics... OK
4. SSD... OK
5. Camera... OK
6. Thinkpad Button... OK (I used It to open a new terminal)
7. Fingerprint Reader... FAIL
8. Quick Buttons... OK (I don't know why, but mute button just start to work after some reboots)
9. Trackpad... OK
10. Trackball... OK
11. Function Buttons (ThinkLight, Battery, etc...)... OK
12. External displays... OK (when I plugged the external monitor, my xorg.conf changed to a ugly resolution, so after I unplugged the external monitor, I generated again my xorg.conf to get the default values)
13. Wireless... OK
14. I didn't test yet the display port and the WLAN

Best Regards,
Rafael Justo