xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

Re: new version of xfce4-cpugraph-plugin

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 12:29:38AM +0900, Florian Rivoal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just released a new version (1.0.0) of xfce4-cpugraph-plugin. It
> focused a lot on code cleanup and bug fixing, even though I also
> worked a bit on the feature side of things.
>
> It is targeted at xfce 4.6, rather than the upcoming 4.7/4.8, so
> there is no particular reason to wait before upgrading it.
>
> Also, I don't really plan to make more releases targeting 4.6, and
> the following ones will be focused on 4.7/4.8. I don't know when
> then next unbuntu / xubuntu will ship, nor when xfce 4.7 will turn
> into 4.8, but for any upcoming release that uses xfce4.6, I'd
> strongly recommend using version 1.0.0 of cpugraph instead of the
> 0.4.0 that you currently have, as it fixes many bugs, including
> Ubuntu's Bug #362336.
>
> tarball:
> http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin/1.0/
>
> homepage:
> http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
>
> If (x)ubuntu or (x)ubuntu users have any issue with
> xfce4-cpugraph-plugin, please report them in xfce's bug tracker.
> This project was unmaintained for a while, but I now took over, and
> I'll try to be responsive.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Florian

Hi,

Thanks for the notification. ;-)

I already updated the packaging for Debian/Ubuntu (available at
<http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-xfce/goodies/branches/experimental/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin/debian/>),
and as written on IRC, I tested it quickly and it worked fine.

However, Debian and Ubuntu are currently frozen (to prepare respectively
for Squeeze and Maverick), so unfortunately, the new 1.0.0 version will
be part of the next releases only.

Regards,
Lionel

--
Lionel Le Folgoc - https://launchpad.net/~mrpouit
E61E 116D 4BA1 3936 0A33  F61D 65D9 A66E 10E2 969A