xubuntu-dev team mailing list archive

Re: new version of xfce4-cpugraph-plugin

Thanks for the notification. ;-)

I already updated the packaging for Debian/Ubuntu (available at
<http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-xfce/goodies/branches/experimental/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin/debian/>),
and as written on IRC, I tested it quickly and it worked fine.

I had internet connection problems at that point, and drop off irc a few times. I saw you were trying it, but I didn't really get to see have far you were with it. Also, I didn't know (or didn't remember) that you were the package maintainer. I'll try to keep that in mind next time. By the way, in this kind of situation, what's the best place to let you / ubuntu / debian know? A private mail? a mail to xubuntu-dev? a mail to pkg-xfce-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? All of the above?

However, Debian and Ubuntu are currently frozen (to prepare respectively
for Squeeze and Maverick), so unfortunately, the new 1.0.0 version will
be part of the next releases only.

Based on how many bugs this release fixes compared to the previous one, I'd be tempted to say that you should take it anyway, especially for debian, since it doesn't have stable releases all that often. But I can understand if you need to adhere to a process.

Does it make any difference if I add that I am willing to provide long term support (crashes and security issues) for 1.0.0, but not really for 0.4.0?

 - Florian