Re: yade-dev Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1

Hello!
Thanks for answer.

> And the last-run when writing PhD is always the most work to do

It is familier to me too :)

> The first thing I'd do with your error is to look at scene.xml and
> search for uninitialized values, like "nan" or bool=52 (only 0 and 1
> are allowed for booleans). You can also try valgrind during the
> *save* operation (better from command line, to avoid spuriors errors
> from QT or OpenGL, which sometime may happen, and I whose I want to
> remove too).
>
> I'm expecting that you are trying to save something that is
> uninitialized (eg. some `int` or `bool`). In this case save always
> works, bout load doesn't.
>
> Also please verify that the data inside scene.xml really reflects
> what you intended to save - maybe you forgot to call
> registerAttributes of the parent class? Like this one:
>
> void InteractingMyTetrahedron::registerAttributes()
> {
>         InteractingGeometry::registerAttributes();
>         REGISTER_ATTRIBUTE(c1);
> .

I have not found out anything similar.

> You are welcome to submit your CompoundEngine to yade as a patch.

Okay, no problem. As soon as I willl finish with it, I will necessarily
submit.

I have attached all sources files (and scene.xml) to the previous letter:
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: gram-yade.tar.gz
> Type: application/x-tgz
> Size: 8106 bytes
> Desc: not available
>Url :https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/yade-dev/attachments/20070920/c0acf73b/attachment-0001.bin

rename attachment-0001.bin to  gram-yade.tar.gz.

I wish to make export of data to a format silo (hdf5) to process and to
visualize them by means of VisIt (http://www.llnl.gov/visit/home.html)
To export data into the silo format them it is necessary to consolidate in the
arrays which then to save in a file.
Engines are necessary for сollecting demanded data  about bodies. After these
engines will bypass all bodies and will collect the demanded information,
they should submit a signal on export of data. Thus, it is required
CompoundEngine with functions preaction() and postaction() and vector of
engines. It if in brief.

Thanks.

ps.

>my wife is finishing her PhD