Re: TriaxialTest is broken in current SVN

Václav S a écrit :
>> 4. Watch the compaction stage
>> 5. See the spheres disapearing when compression is supposed toi start
>>
>> Also, I noticed that interaction types are SDECLinks in the triaxial
>> test, which is not supposed to happen.
>>

> Huh, that is my fault again. TriaxialCompressionEngine:86 should be
> if(0), not if(1); and the whole block can be effectively deleted. It was
> an experimental stuff to test what happens if I glue particles together
> after compaction.  I just commited the fix.

Ok. Does it fix the SDECLink problem?
TriaxialTest.cpp was also using elasticContactLaw and
elasticCohesiveContactLaw at the same time, I don't know if you or me
commited that but I reverted that and will commit soon : TriaxialTest is
not supposed to be cohesive + 2 simultaneous contact laws makes no sense.

> Do you have some precise idea what the regression test will look like?
> Notably, what will be the reference value checked after the run.

I think the value of stress and strain after X iterations + the peak
stress value would make good tests. If they don't change you can be sure
that the physics and mathematics in Yade were not affected, because they
result from very complex processes, highly sensitive to initial
conditions (Lorentz sort of).

The only thing is we need to swith from random positioning to a text
file, I still have to create this file and to get the code for loading
positions back.

Bruno

> V.

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43