Re: Note on optimized compilation / optimized coding / profiling results

> 2. I will create a new class CundallForceAndMomentumDamping, which will
> act on RigidBodyParameters and will be inside the same dispatcher as
> CundallnonViscousForceDamping (for ParticleParameters). This way, one
> loop over bodies will be gotten rid of. I know the force damping code
> will be duplicated at 2 places, but it is just a few lines of code.

There is no need for a damping dispatcher IMHO.
Damping is a part of the numerical integration scheme, and as such it
would be consistent to damp equations at the same time you integrate
laws of motion.
What I plan is to simply merge MomentumDamping, ForceDamping,
LeapfrogMomentum and LeapFrogPosition.
It will make only one loop for integrating damped equations of motion
(i.e. what 99% of simulations need), rather than 4.

Bruno

> 3. Physical action appliers could reset those physical actions that have
> been applied. This way, we save yet another loop, in
> PhysicalActionContainerResetter. LeapFrogPositionIntegrator will apply
> force and set it to 0 etc. Is that OK?
>
> Bruno, what do you use to measure time of execution? Small.xyz and
> TriaxialTest or something else?
>
> Vaclav

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43