Re: Note on optimized compilation / optimized coding / profiling results

Václav S(milauer said:     (by the date of Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:42:54 +0100)

> getBaseClassIndex creates an instance of the base class at every call,
>
> from Indexable.hpp
>
>         static boost::scoped_ptr<BaseClass> baseClass(new BaseClass);    \

It does NOT create an instance at every call. The variable
"baseClass" is static. It is created just once, on the first call.
It should, at least. We can put cerr << into the constructor to
verify this.

I must have some snow working with moment-rotation for the
meeting on 5th march.

I really want to join you with optimizing yade, especially because
Bruno is doing all those benchmarks now. But SNOW is what I must
do :(((

I hope it will be better after that meeting on 5 march.

Then I will read all your posts on this mailing list and answer to
your questions. As well as join "yade-optimizations" movement :)