Re: Could I ask the method to calculate the shear forces?

kan a écrit :
> Hi, dear all,
>
> When I develop my code to calculate the shear force I meet some problem.
> From the literature, we know that
> Deta_Shear Force = ks*deta_shear_displacement
> while the deta_shear_displacement is the deta displacement at the
> shear direction at each contact.
> my problem now is that, how to calculate this displacement ?
>
> I know for normal displacement at each contact, at each time step,
> when we get the resultant displacement during this time step, then we
> get the new position for each particle, so we can get the distance
> between the center of the particles, which is the normal distance. so
> we can get the normal displacement and use the
> NormalForce=kn*normal_displacement.
Its a matter of vocabulary.
I think you make a confusion between "displacement" and "position". In
the normal direction, you get at each time-step the "POSITION" (i.e.
interpenetration), not the displacement.
So that NormalForce=kn*interpenetration.

> but how can I calculate the deta shear displacement? it seems that I
> need to store the old position of each particles, which means a
> doubled storage of the memory and lower speed.
shear_displacement = (velocity1 - velocity2 + r1*rotational_velocity1 -
r2*rotational_velocity2)*dt

This IS a displacement.

So that shear_force = shear_force + shear_displacement*ks

No need to store initial orientations.

Check ElasticContactLaw.

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43