Could I ask the method to calculate the shear forces?

Hi, dear all,

When I develop my code to calculate the shear force I meet some problem.
>From the literature, we know that
Deta_Shear Force = ks*deta_shear_displacement
while the deta_shear_displacement is the deta displacement at the shear
direction at each contact.
my problem now is that, how to calculate this displacement ?

I know for normal displacement at each contact, at each time step, when we
get the resultant displacement during this time step,
then we get the new position for each particle, so we can get the distance
between the center of the particles, which is the normal distance. so we can
get the normal displacement and use the NormalForce=kn*normal_displacement.

but how can I calculate the deta shear displacement? it seems that I need to
store the old position of each particles, which means a doubled storage of
the memory and lower speed.

could you please give me a hint, and which file is it in to calculate the
shear force or the resultant forces?

Thanks for your nice information in advance.

Kan