Re: QGL cutting plane

Václav S(milauer said:     (by the date of Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:22:58 +0200)

> If would be far easier to bind a hotkey in the view itself to that, just
> like 'a' toggles axes and 'g' toggles grid. Like 'c' to toggle on/off
> and +- or something like that to cut further or closer.

yes, that could be easy to implement. BTW current list of bindings is here:

http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Usage_details#QGLViewer_window

> A more proper solution would be to render only bodies of which
> se3.position is on a given side of the cutting plane (easy (?), modify
> the GL dispatcher) and not render those that are not. That would have
> the benefit of not seeing interior of spheres that are cut by the plane.

not exactly. We would need to not draw spheres that have
se3.position+radius*plane.normal before the cutting plane :)

A bit more difficult, and a bit better.