Damping at the contact level

Hi everybody,

I am very surprised that no viscosity is taken into account at contact level in Yade.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not seen anything like it!
I do not usually use a global damping ('NonViscousDamping' in Yade) and I prefer to use local (at the contact level) damping that can be related to a 'coefficient of restitution'.

Without going into sterile discussions, I would like to know if something like that exists in Yade. Otherwise, I will need to add the class 'NormalViscousInteraction' (and/or 'NormalViscousShearInteraction') that store the damping parameter. I will need also to add a relative normal velocity parameter in the very complet class SpheresContactGeometry. Note that it will be the possible to put aside the local
vicosity by setting the damping parameter to zero.

Does anyone has an objection?

Thanks,
Vincent

Follow ups