Re: Damping at the contact level

Without going into sterile discussions, I would like to know if
something like that exists in Yade.
Otherwise, I will need to add the class 'NormalViscousInteraction'
(and/or 'NormalViscousShearInteraction')
that store the damping parameter. I will need also to add a relative
normal velocity parameter in the
very complet class SpheresContactGeometry. Note that it will be the
possible to put aside the local
vicosity by setting the damping parameter to zero.
Hi, you could add bool hasViscosity so that even computation of relative speeds is skipped if that is not used. But maybe youwill find a better
way...

Vaclav

Thank you Vaclav.
Finally, I have found some classes (*SimpleViscoelasticInteraction* written by Sega) that actually manage the contact damping.
I apologize for this Yade-beginner's mistake.
Vincent