Re: Wm3 replacement candidate

Hey,

What are you looking for exactly? More than vector3 and quaternions?
Anyway, this library looks serious, and it is more focused on linear algebra than Wm3, which is a very big collection of stuff.
It could be a good substitute if you have time to wrap it.

Testing it vs. wm3 (or... say.. wm3 vs. it) will not hurt for sure.

Bruno

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Hi,

I stumbled upon http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, nice math library that would
suit our needs to replace wm3 with which we had a few problems
(recently, but not only). It is actively developed, seems stable,
packaged for a many distributions and used by big pieces of software
(krita, some chemistry stuff,... ). The syntax is very similar, method
names also. I will try to investigate further and if it seems like a
good option, we could create thin wrapper defining functions from wm3
that are not present in eigen to ease the transition. Have a look at the
tutorial http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/TutorialCore.html to get the
feeling. My feeling is good. I will do some torture test to make sure
numbers are crunched in the same way as they are in Wm3.

Vaclav