Re: Shear force computation

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Hi,

I added SpheresContactGeometry::updateShearForce (in r1715) which should avoid having the same algorithm copied&pasted 9 times in various constitutive laws (copied&pasted, cleaned up a bit).
Good idea.
A bit surprising that the shear force is updated here though. Its sounds like the constitutive law has been moved into a data class. Perhaps ::updateShearDisp would be enough, then let the constitutive law multiply it by ks, or some more complex maths?

ElasticContactLaw optionally uses that (under #if 0 / #else / #endif), I got _exactly_ same sphere positions after 1000 steps of TriaxialTest with the same initial packging, so it is (most probably) right.

Be sure that you didn't test this on fritctionless spheres, then ok. :)

I will be glad if someone could review the code, notably if it is appropriate to have zeroPoint in this general piece of code or if it would be better better to keep that separate, and how to handle non-dynamic bodies. These are 2 points that are not same across the copies of the same original code.

I would remove the zero point (I'm just discorvering it btw).
And I would not make a difference at all between dynamic and !dynamic bodies.

This is a fundamental question, and I perhaps don't fully agree with some current trends regarding this.
I'll suggest something in a next mail.

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43