Re: [Yade-users] pregenerated sphere packings

Hi Vaclav,

In fact your arbitrary volume must be a simple shape, otherwise the generation seems complicated with various little periodic cells.

Why periodic cells to realize a large packing ? Do you need realize periodic simulations ?
Do your packing need have an accurate density or not spheres free ?

With the Spherepadder, you can generate packing with a constant radius but it will have free spheres and it will have a low density. If you give me one precise example (shape) with your constraints (number of spheres, density and value of radius). We (Vincent or me) will say you, if it is possible to generate your
packing with Spherepadder.

Regards
JF

Václav Šmilauer wrote:

Vincent is working with JF Jerier on filling a volume with spheres.
The volume is a mesh exported from gmsh or netgen. Or maybe is just
described as triangular faces?

You got to ask them, because Vincent has demonstrated last
month that it already works in yade. But maybe is not finished.
SpherePadder, I know. But that generates spheres with different radii.