Re: [Yade-users] pregenerated sphere packings

In fact your arbitrary volume must be a simple shape, otherwise the generation seems complicated with various little periodic cells.

Why periodic cells to realize a large packing ? Do you need realize periodic simulations ?
Do your packing need have an accurate density or not spheres free ?
Because I will only have one 10k packing and if I need to cover larger volume, I can place one copy next to another and then clip the results.

With the Spherepadder, you can generate packing with a constant radius but it will have free spheres and it will have a low density.
Yes, but I need high density with constant radius and more or less isotropic. Something like from TriaxialTest, but periodic. I will try with non-periodic for now, but I will have to generate perhaps 80k sample.

Thanks for your ideas,

Vaclav