Re: Relations between (m,tc,en,es) and (kn,cn,ks,cs)

Vincent Richefeu ?????:

I suppose this means that you would like to learn about me (?)
So briefly, I'm French and I work in the laboratory 3S-R since a few months.
My PhD is about unsaturated granular materials simulated by DEM.
You can find more with google if you want...

Hi,

Does anyone can give me a reference about the equations used in
Shop::getViscoelasticFromSpheresInteraction?
You can get all formulas from
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/714488/viscoelastic_en.pdf
or see a base article
L. Pournin, Th. M. Liebling, and A. Mocellin. Molecular-dynamics force
models for better control of energy dissipation in numerical simulations of
dense granular media. Phys. Rev. E, 65:011302, 2001.

Thanks a lot. Now, I understand a bit more...
The implanted law is for sphere-sphere contacts.
I suggest something (tell me your opinion please): what about computing cn and cs for each contact as a function of the corresponding effective mass?
In this way, the parameters would be kn,en,ks, and es.

Thanks again for reactivity,
Vincent Richefeu