Re: BZR migration

Bruno Chareyre píše v Čt 30. 07. 2009 v 17:05 +0200:
> What is wrong with the current repository?

Why I would favor the change here:

1. SVN is bad at handling moves of files. Lastly, I moved RockPM, then
updated before committing and had it twice there, as it updated file in
the original location. That happens quite rarely, though.

2. Bzr has nice web interface at launchpad.

3. The branching concept (but you don't have to use it) is very
powerful. You can create a branch for a particular bug, work on it,
merge it back when it's ready a you're sure it didn't break anything.
The same for other experimental features. You can do local commits and
rollbacks, without touching other users. (I know that SVN also supports
branches, but it was never really used). You PhD students could have
separate branches -- it is better than having the code locally and never
see it once the PhD is finished.

4. As a plus, if you want basic commands of svn (checkout, commit, log,
diff, &c), you replace bzr with svn and it will work. (bzr checkout
instead of svn checkout and so on).

> If we need to change, perhaps we could also consider google-svn.
I don't mind berlios so much as I mind svn itself. This wouldn't be any
better, at least for me.